Get ready for a fun-filled post with tips for making small, sustainable shifts; recipes for healthy snacks; and practical, toxin-free self- care products that will have you excited to put on your skinny jeans! Join the revolution to live a healthier, happier life where you feel energized and empowered to create lasting memories with your loved ones.
Before we get into all of the amazing ways you can stay healthy in 2019 with essential oils and Young Living products, we want to share with you why we believe in and trust Young Living and their quality products.Young Living calls it a “Seed to Seal” promise and they stamp it on every single one of their products. They abide by very strict guidelines to fulfill their promise to send pure, safe, and effective products to your home.
Here are some of their guidelines:
- Their farms and partner farms all abide by strict standards.
- They select the strongest seeds from strong thriving plants.
- They hand-weed and use their own oils on plants for pest control to avoid the use of toxic chemicals.
- They harvest at peak times to ensure quality oils.
- They distill on site without chemicals.
- They test every batch. If it doesn’t meet their standards because of weather conditions or for any other reason, they do not bottle it up.
All of these factors make a huge difference in quality and effectiveness. Check out more about their Seed to Seal promise
usage & safety
Before we dive into specifics, let’s talk about usage and safety.
AROMATICALLY: Put 6-8 drops of an oil or a combo of oils in your diffuser. The diffuser will send the oil into the air and fill the room with your essential oils.
TOPICALLY: Apply essential oils to your skin.
Diluting first is recommended. A conservative dilution would one drop of essential oil with 10-15 drops of coconut, grape seed, or almond oil and then apply it to your skin.
Citrus oils like Lemon are photosensitive. Please avoid sun exposure for 12 hours after application to areas where you have applied citrus oils topically.
Avoid putting essentials oils in the eyes or ears directly.
INTERNALLY: Young Living oils are pure and are labeled as Generally Regarded as Safe by the Food and Drug Administration. Because of their purity, some people like to ingest their oils to avoid “smelling” like an oil, or to support their body from the inside out.
There is no right or wrong way. Chose one and try it out! Try out each option to see which ones you prefer.
personal growth: turning inward
Once your mindset changes from within, everything on the outside will change with it. The mind is a VERY powerful thing. What you THINK becomes what you DO and what you DO becomes who you ARE.
Spending the time and energy to reflect on yourself, through journaling, meditation, or other mind/body connection activities like yoga can help you uncover your goals and shift your mindset in a positive and productive way.
Try these 4 tools to help you turn inward and reflect:
1. Use conscious language to speak with positive intention.
2. Write down a list of things you are grateful for each day.
3. Train your brain to think your future into existence with personal affirmations.
4. Write down or reflect your future goals coming to life with visualization.
Essential oils can take these daily practices to the next level.
OILS FOR MEDITATION or QUIET TIME
- Frankincense* – used in meditation for its ability to ground, balance, and uplift.
- Peace & Calming™* – The Ylang Ylang in this blend has been said to balance male and female energies; great for meditation.
OILS FOR SELF-REFLECTION or JOURNALING
- Release™ – a blend with a relaxing aroma that facilitates the ability to let go of anger and frustration. It also promotes harmony and balance when diffused. Use this when journaling or reading.
- Gratitude™ – foster a grateful attitude and embrace the blessings in your life. The uplifting aroma of Gratitude™ invites a feeling of emotional and spiritual progress.
*Come in the Oils Premium Starter Kit
physical activity: preparation
Most excuses for not working out have something to do with “not having enough time.” One easy way to remove this excuse from your vocabulary is to plan for your workouts ahead of time.
- Plan your workout time the day before and keep it sacred.
- Tell people you are planning to workout a certain number of times a week so that they can help hold you accountable.
- Pack a gym bag and keep it in your car so that you can stop at the gym or a fitness class while you are out and about.
GYM BAG FRESHENING SPRAY
- 2 T. witch hazel
- 15 drops of preferred essential oil*
- 3 oz. of water
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle and use as needed.
*Purification is great for getting odors out of shoes and a stinky gym bag. Thieves is preferred when wet gym clothes will be sitting in your bag all day.
PRO TIP: Apply a few drops of diluted PanAway to sore muscles after your workout. This will prevent the excuse “I’m too sore to workout” on day two! And good news… PanAway comes in the Oils Premium Starter Kit!
diet: tips for success
TIP 1: PLAN FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
Make a list of things you can cook at the beginning of the week and enjoy multiple times. Soups, chili, grilled chicken breast, & sauteed veggies are examples of foods that can be made in larger amounts and spread out throughout the week.
TIP 2: MAKE IT EASY TO STAY ON TRACK
Store healthy foods in clear containers on the top shelf of the fridge and at the front of your pantry. This is a mental trick!
TIP 3: SNACK TIP FOR BUSY BEES
Prepare your snacks in advance to make them easy to grab and go. If you have a snack on hand, you are less likely to turn to something sugary and processed that will make you feel sluggish while hindering your new healthy habits.
TIP 4: DITCH AND SWITCH
When focusing on your diet, swap out unhealthy ingredients for healthy ones.
Here are a few easy swaps:
- DITCH Spaghetti & SWITCH to zucchini noodles
- DITCH chips and crackers & SWITCH to air popped popcorn
- DITCH soda & SWITCH to sparkling water or tea (hot or cold)
- DITCH sugary breakfast & SWITCH to overnight oats or hard boiled eggs and a side of fruit
EASY GRAB-N-GO SNACKS FOR A BUSY LIFESTYLE
Wolfberry Trail Mix
Mix together your favorite nuts and seeds (almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, etc.) and add in Young Living Dried Wolfberries. Store in ziploc snack bags for easy an grab & go snack.
- 1 cup Young Living Dried Wolfberries
- 1/2 cup banana chips (optional)
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 6 drops Dill Vitality™ essential oil or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality™* essential oil or ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Mix together and enjoy with your favorite chopped veggies!
*Come in the Oils Premium Starter Kit
A morning routine might be the most important thing you do in a day. A solid morning routine will set you up for success throughout the rest of your day. It will make you feel GREAT and ready to tackle the world. Spend a half an hour a day taking care of yourself and you will optimize your productivity all day long.
Here are ten activities for you to accomplish in the morning. They will set you up for success!
1. Make your bed
2. Drink a glass of water right when you wake up
3. Take a lemon juice and a Young Living NingXia Red Shot
4. Wash your face and brush your teeth
5. Take your Vitamins
6. Eat a balanced breakfast
7. Exercise or set aside time to move, stretch, foam roll, etc.
8. Pamper yourself (use a skin brush, take a bath, or exfoliate with a coffee skin scrub)
9. Take three deep breaths
10. Find gratitude in your life/journal
Coffee Skin Scrub
- 8 oz. glass jar with lid
- 10 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops Cypress essential oil
- 1 cup unbrewed ground coffee
- ½ cup olive oil or other oil of your choosing
Combine all ingredients. Mix together well. Store in a cool, dark place. Apply scrub in the shower a few times a week to desired areas such as thighs, belly, and arms; rinse off. Apply a screen over your drain to catch the coffee grounds if needed.
relationships with others
Whether you are spending time with your kids, enjoying a girls night in, or catching up with some friends, cultivating deep, intentional relationships with others is important for growth and balance in your life.
TIME WITH FAMILY
Finding time and space for family and maintaining those relationships is crucial for a balanced life. Setting boundaries and carving out time each day can help you keep your family time sacred. Here are a few tips:
- Apply or diffuse Present Time essential oil to help you focus on the here and now, so you can get beyond the past and move forward while re-establishing your boundaries and committing to family time this year.
- Be vocal to your friends and team members about what time of the day you are turning off your phone and checking out of social media. Write down three “non-negotiables” and stick to them!
- Don’t be so quick with your answers when your team reaches out with questions. This sounds harsh but if you set the expectation with your team that you will get back to them during your business hours, it will empower them to look for the answers first and practice patience and respect your boundaries. This can be applied to many scenarios!
TIME WITH FRIENDS
“We are the average of the five people we associate with most.” Reflect on that for a moment. Who is in your tight circle? Who is your tribe? Are they positive, motivated, excited about life, about the future, about their goals? If not, start to invest your energy in surrounding yourself with more positive people. Invite them to a girls night out and get ready together with Young Living Savvy minerals makeup or plan a night in cooking or crafting. If you haven’t tried Savvy Minerals or YL skincare products yet, they are AMAZING – no harmful ingredients – only ones that are beneficial to your skin!
career & life purpose
The average person will spend 90,000 hours working in their lifetime. That is a lot of time spent NOT doing something you love. The modern employee changes career paths 12-15 times throughout their lives! What might that say about people’s satisfaction in the work that they do?
Eighty-six percent of people today report making extra money from a “side hustle”! Having a side hustle is not only a way to bring in extra income, it provides a creative outlet to do something you’re passionate about. For some, it could be building a business helping others find health and wellness through Young Living products. For others it could be coaching a sport or starting an Etsy shop to sell homemade goods and art. It is encouraging to know that more and more people are feeling inspired to do things they love!
You are the only person in your life that can discover your true passion. Maybe you already know what that is or maybe it will take a lifetime of exploration. Wherever you are in the process, there’s an oil to support you on your journey.
OILS TO SUPPORT YOUR PASSION OR GOALS
- ABUNDANCE: This blend combines oils such as Orange and Ginger, which were used by ancient cultures to attract prosperity and magnify joy and peace.
- STRESS AWAY*: This blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla Extract, Ocotea, and Lavender includes soothing and calming oils to help you feel stress-free during the daily grind or while exploring your life’s passion.
- EN-R-GEE: Diffuse or apply topically during your morning routine before work or during that mid-day slump to enjoy the stimulating, spicy-pine fragrance of Rosemary, Juniper, Lemongrass, Nutmeg, Balsam Fir, Clove, and Black Pepper essential oils.
*Comes in the Oils Premium Starter Kit
get the best deal
Who wants to pay full price when you can get the same thing at a discount?
Young Living has several options to help you get started and snag the best deal possible. Even if you already have your own Young Living account, there are still some money- saving tricks you need to know!
Not yet a member? Pick out your Starter Kit … HERE!
- Information obtained here is meant for educational and informational purposes ONLY, and to motivate and empower you to make your own wellness journey based on your own research and partnership with your healthcare provider.
- The statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.