‘Tis the season for holiday parties, family get-togethers, and fancy drinks! Whether you’re the hostess with the mostest or a guest bringing something to share, the following mocktail recipes are sure to impress. With all of the good stuff and none of the hard stuff, these festive drinks are perfect for health buffs and anyone else looking for a booze-free beverage. Keep the celebration going all season long with our list of 10 sophisticated and fun holiday mocktails using NingXia Red®, NingXia Zyng®, and Vitality™ oils.
If you’ll be celebrating the holidays late into the night, here’s a drink to get you through the evening. This fizzy delight contains wolfberries, white tea leaf extract, and green tea extract for a boost of crash-free energy. Whether you’re staying up to wrap presents or ringing in the new year, throw back a couple of these zesty zingers to feel instantly refreshed.
1. Pour a splash of NingXia Red into a highball or other tall glass full of ice. Add NingXia Nitro and Lime Vitality.
2. Fill the glass to the top with NingXia Zyng. Squeeze a lime wedge into the glass.
3. Garnish with another lime wedge.
Based on the trendy Moscow Mule, this refreshing mocktail is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next holiday dinner party. Ginger beer, which is a non-alcoholic carbonated beverage similar to ginger ale, lends the drink a snappy flavor with a hint of spice. If you’re hosting a large group of people, you can easily multiply the recipe to make a big batch. For a quick conversion that serves eight, use cups instead of ounces for the first two ingredients and add eight drops of Rosemary Vitality oil for an herby kick.
1. Pour all ingredients into a copper mug full of crushed ice.
2. Stir well to mix.
3. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
In need of a drink that goes well with Christmas brunch? Try our twist on the classic Bloody Mary! Boosted with Vitality oils and easily customizable to different palates, our version is fun for the whole family. Serve it up with a variety of trimmings so everyone can garnish to their heart’s content. Some of our top picks are celery sticks, olives, lemon wedges, pickles, and jalapeños.
YL tip: The toothpick method allows you to get a more subtle flavor with the Vitality oils. Simply dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl through your ingredients.
6 ounces tomato juice
1 drop Black Pepper Vitality
Toothpick swirl of Lime Vitality
Toothpick swirl of Celery Seed Vitality
Toothpick swirl of Lemon Vitality
1 drop hot sauce
Celery stick (optional)
1. Salt the rim of a highball or old-fashioned glass by running a lemon wedge around the rim then rolling the outer edge of the glass in sea salt. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
2. Squeeze a lemon wedge into a shaker and drop it in. Add tomato juice, Vitality oils, a dash of hot sauce to taste, and ice to the shaker. Shake gently to mix.
3. Strain into prepared glass.
4. Garnish with celery or your favorite Bloody Mary toppings.
When it comes to quenching thirst while tickling the taste buds, cold and bubbly is the way to go. This rose-colored drink checks both boxes and is as pretty as it is fizzy. Once you start pouring, everyone will want to be sipping pink. The tart, fruity flavor of NingXia Red shines through with added sweetness from juice and berries. For a sweeter drink, use more cranberry-raspberry juice and less club soda.
1 ounce NingXia Red
1-2 ounces cranberry-raspberry juice
3-4 ounces club soda
1. Pour NingXia Red and cranberry-raspberry juice into a champagne glass.
2. Fill to the top with club soda. Squeeze a lemon wedge into the drink.
3. Garnish with raspberries and a lemon wedge.
Toast the holidays with a festive faux-ito in the flavors of the season! Peppermint and cranberry complement each other beautifully in this drink as the icy mint mellows out the tartness of the fruit. Delightfully cool and sweet, our virgin cranberry mojito has a lovely red shade fit for a holiday spread. The red and green garnishes add an extra element of festivity.
1. In a tall, sturdy glass, place a few mint leaves, the sweetener, a squeeze of lime, Peppermint Vitality, and Lime Vitality. Use a muddler to crush the leaves and combine the flavors.
2. Add ice to the glass. Pour a splash of cranberry juice and stir.
3. Fill glass to the top with NingXia Zyng.
4. Garnish with cranberries, more mint leaves, and a lime wedge.
NingXia Red Punch
Don’t want to be mixing up mocktails all night? Skip the hassle and break out the punch bowl instead. The beauty of this big-batch drink is that you can make it ahead of time, leaving you free to mingle with guests. Our fruity concoction isn’t spiked, but it does pack a *punch* in antioxidants and essential oils. Sweet, fruity, and delicious, our recipe gets your party going with a bang!
1 bottle NingXia Red
4 cups apple cider
2 cups pomegranate juice
¼ cup honey or simple syrup
1. In a punch bowl, pour NingXia Red, apple cider, pomegranate juice, and honey. Add fruit and cinnamon sticks. Mix well.
2. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. The longer the fruit soaks in the liquid, the more the flavors will combine.
3. Serve in short glasses garnished with more apple slices, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon stick stirrers.
Spiced Cinnamon Cider
Another batch drink that’s easy to prepare is hot apple cider. In this recipe, we used Vitality oils instead of dried spices for stronger and purer flavor. Fun fact: A steaming mug of cider is the perfect remedy to cold, wintry days. Serve it after a day of sledding or an evening of caroling to warm up guests from the inside out.
8 cups apple juice or cider
4 cups orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice
9 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality
6 drops Cardamom Vitality
4 drops Clove Vitality
4 drops Nutmeg Vitality
3 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality
1. Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir to combine. Heat until simmering. Simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Serve warm in a mug.
3. Garnish with sliced oranges and cinnamon sticks.
Club Red favorites
Ain’t no party like a Club Red party! This holiday season raise a glass filled to the brim with one of the NingXia Red shots from Young Living’s International Grand Convention. Each recipe contains our superfruit supplement and 3-5 different Vitality oils. To make these, simply pour NingXia Red into a shot glass and add your oil drops.