- Halloween potion: A Healthy Halloween Potion You Have to Try‘Tis the season for pumpkin-themed parties, dressing like a pirate, and sipping cider by the fire. Instead of a trick, treat your party guestswith this warm and spicy Halloween potion cider. Combine oranges, apples, and spicy essential oils for this fall-favorite treat!
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider1 orange, unpeeled and cut into slices
- 3 drops Lemon Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil
- Cinnamon sticks, for serving
1. Combine apple cider, orange slices, and essential oils in a large pot and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or more.
2. Discard orange slices.
3. Serve warm. Add 1–2 cinnamon sticks to individual cups when serving.If you love healthy treats at your Halloween party, you can also try
We want to know! Do you have a spooky but healthy drink you like to serve during Halloween?
- 4 avocados
- 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chopped Jalapeño OR 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper OR 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 minced jalapeño OR 2 minced serrano chiles OR 2 tablespoon minced of any chile pepper like (adjust for spiciness)
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Guacamole“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 14-oz cans of nonfat and low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 15-oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes then add flour, curry, cumin and nutmeg and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato, salt, chicken broth and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for about 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through and softened. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Place half of the pumpkin mixture in a blender and process until smooth. Using a strainer, pour soup back into pan. Repeat with rest of soup.
- Raise heat to medium then stir in milk and cook for 5 minutes or until soup is heated through.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Spiced Pumpkin Soup“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
- Make the Snack that Packs a Punch—NingXia Red Jellies!It’s not always easy finding snacks that you feel good serving, but our NingXia Red® jellies are definitely going to hit the sweet spot. With NingXia Red, delicious Grapefruit Vitality™ and Lime Vitality essential oils, and agar agar powder (a vegan gelatin alternative), you get to control exactly what’s in these delicious treats!
- 1 cup NingXia Red
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar agar powder (gelatin alternative)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 drops Grapefruit Vitality essential oil
- 3 drops Lime Vitality essential oil
- Silicone molds
- Combine the NingXia Red, agar agar powder, and honey in a saucepan. Mix with a metal spoon until fully dissolved and heat on medium-high.
- Once boiling, remove from heat immediately and stir in the essential oils. Taste for sweetness. The mixture should be almost too sweet, since the flavors will mellow during cooling.
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds.
- Let your molds cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour until set.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge or a cool place.
What is so great about Ningxia Red?
I’m glad you asked. There are so many benefits to this powerful antioxidant drink AND it’s delicious!
Wolfberry (Goji) Superfruit
DESCRIPTION: Wolfberry puree (Lycium barbarum)
BENEFIT: The wolfberries we use to make NingXia Red come from the Ningxia region of northern China. With polyphenols and polysaccharides, this superfruit is touted around the world for its taste and nutrients. By using whole wolfberry puree—juice, peel, and fruit—Young Living is able to maintain more of the desired health-supporting benefits in every bottle of NingXia Red.*
Natural Stevia Sweetener
DESCRIPTION: Stevia extract (Rebaudioside A)
BENEFIT: Stevia extract benefits NingXia Red by offering a zero-calorie sweetener that is 300 times sweeter than sugar, allowing for a delightfully delicious beverage with only 2 grams of sugar per serving.
Supporting Juice Blend
DESCRIPTION: Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract, Blueberry (Caccinium corymbosum), Plum (Prunus domestica), Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa), Cherry (Prunus avium), and Pomegranate (Punica granatrum) juices
BENEFIT: NingXia Red is infused with a juice and extract blend that is rich in antioxidants. The main ingredient in the blend is a patented grape seed extract. The benefits of grape seed extract include its polyphenolic compounds to help support normal cellular function. We also included blueberry, plum, aronia, cherry, and pomegranate juices to add to NingXia Red’s bright flavor and color.
DESCRIPTION: Orange (Citrus sinensis), Yuzu (Citrus junos), Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), and Lemon (Citrus limon) essential oils
BENEFIT: NingXia Red includes a carefully selected blend of pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Orange and Lemon essential oils were included for their ability to help maintain normal cellular function.* The benefits of orange oil and benefits of lemon oil also include their naturally occurring constituent d-limonene. Tangerine and Yuzu essential oils benefit the NingXia Red formula with their bright and fresh citrus flavor.
This pure and potent essential oil blend synergistically and deliciously works to support the body’s natural defenses, overall wellness, and much more.* No other nutrient-infused beverage can offer the careful formulation of essential oils found in NingXia Red!