Need a 0.2-second way to make any meal soar? Just a pinch of salt—essential oil-infused salt, that is—takes any dish from totally decent to totally delectable! With a few Vitality™ oils, a bit of salt, and a handful of minutes, you’ll finally have the secret ingredient every master chef needs.
No grain of salt needed here! Even the pickiest eaters will adore the splash of savory goodness these essential oil-infused sea salts bring.
Fresh & fragrant: Rosemary sea salt
Craving comfort food? Add a dash of rosemary-flavored salt! Add a pinch to Italian night with homemade pasta, handmade pizza, and flavorful focaccia; old-fashioned American cooking with roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggie casseroles; or really any soup or salad you could dream up. Enjoy this piney, sharp sea salt on your most-requested and most-inventive meals in minutes!
- 6–7 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 cup course sea salt
1. Peel the rosemary from the stem and place into a food processor or blender. Blitz the rosemary until it is finely ground.
YL tip: No fresh rosemary on hand? Substitute 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary.
2. Add sea salt to the blender and blend until the salt is fine and incorporated with the rosemary.
3. Add 5 drops of Rosemary Vitality to the mixture and blend for 5–10 seconds.
4. Store in airtight container for 3–4 months.
Spicy & succulent: Black pepper sea salt
Finally! The cure for any snack or spread that’s the slightest bit bland. The ultimate two-in-one, this black pepper sea salt complements anything that needs a little something extra. Whether you’re making a quick dinner with boxed mac and cheese or stirring a stew for hours on end, this salty, spicy combo will take it to the next level.
- 1/3 cup ground black pepper
- Black Pepper Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 cup course sea salt
1. Add sea salt and ground pepper to a food process or blender and blitz until finely ground.
2. Add 5 drops of Black Pepper Vitality to the mixture and blend for 5–10 seconds.
3. Store in airtight container for 3–4 months.
How to use your fancy new sea salt
A little bit of flavored sea salt goes a long way, so start with a tiny pinch! Your new herby and potent salts infused with drops of essential oils add a dash of flavor to many dishes. Start with:
- Homemade salad dressing
- Store-bought sauces
- Meat marinades or rubs
- Roasted vegetables
- Anything on the grill
- Soups and salads
- Pastas and casseroles
- Plain tortilla chips
- Fruits like watermelon or jicama (trust us!)
- Dips and spreads
- At-home mocktails